Saturday, April 27, 2013

Alcohol Ink Tile Coasters

 To start out my six week mixed media course (ages 7+), I showed the kids an exciting, moving, wild kind of painting that most of them had never experienced. Alcohol inks are becoming more popular as a painting medium. vibrant  wild, are hard to control, these inks allowed my kids to paint in a way they didn't think was possible.

When my kids used these inks, the art changed focus tremendously.  For some, it became more about the process than the product. It was a lot more like a science experiment than most of my other classes. But take a look at what happened!





I passed out some straws and let the kids blow the wet ink around.






The child who painted this piece was very excited about the finished product. 
He said "I didn't even know I could paint like that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment